Looking for a cataloging program for files, disks, music, videos, photos, films, books and other collection items? Program WinCatalog 2020 – a reliable and effective solution.
When scanning discs, WinCatalog indexes files and extracts ID3 tags for audio files (music), Exif tags and thumbnails of images (photos), thumbnails and base information for video files, contents of archive folders, thumbnails of PDF files and Office documents, and much more …
With the help of WinCatalog, using sorting by virtual folders, tags (categories) and custom fields, you will put a complete order in your catalog of disks and files. And using an advanced and fast search algorithm, you will find the files you need on disks in a matter of seconds, search for duplicate files, sort search results, and do this without connecting disks (DVD, CD, external hard drives, etc.) to your computer.
WinCatalog has the ability to configure automatic updating of the file catalog using the command line and the task scheduler.
High speed of work with directories of unlimited size
This is the main advantage of the WinCatalog 2020 disk and file cataloger. It was made possible by the industry standard SQLite database management system (DBMS), which is the basis for WinCatalog 2020. This is why you can find any item in your collection in a matter of seconds!
Very simple and intuitive user interface
Thanks to a user- friendly and simple interface, you can easily use all the functions of WinCatalog 2018 immediately after installation.
Ability to extract and store thumbnail images (thumbnails) of graphic files (photos, images, RAW files), EXIF data for digital photos, and thumbnails for video files.
You can use WinCatalog 2020 disc cataloger as a photo cataloger and video cataloger: automatically create and store thumbnail images of graphic files of all popular formats (JPEG, PNG, BMP, ICO, GIF, Tiff, WMF, and EMF) and RAW images in the catalog. format supported by most modern cameras. You can also save EXIF data (comments, resolution, camera model, focal length and other parameters).
Accordingly, you will be able to preview thumbnails of graphic files in a single directory, without having to access a specific disk. And if you need to find a photo or picture, then you can quickly and easily do it using this preview! And the use of tags, virtual folders and any custom fields will help to put things in order in the archive of photos and videos.
Scanning inside Zip, RAR and 7z archives, as well as disk images (ISO, NRG), and adding them to the directory as folders
Supported formats – Zip, Zipx, RAR, 7z, as well as disk images (ISO, NRG). Files inside archives are displayed in a directory as files inside folders.
Automatic extraction of additional information from music, video, HTML and TXT files at the stage of disk scanning
• WinCatalog 2020 file and disk cataloger can extract ID3 tags (artist name, album name, song title, disc cover, etc.) and metadata ( bit rate, duration, etc.) for music files in MP3, WAV, WMA, OGG, OGA, ASF, M4A, M4B, M4P and MP4 formats.
• For video files, WinCatalog extracts basic information such as thumbnails, codecs, screen format, audio track information, etc.
• For HTML files, WinCatalog extracts and stores titles and tags.
• For txt files WinCatalog extracts part of the text – this function will be useful for previewing text files when searching for specific documents.
• For video files, WinCatalog extracts thumbnails of images and basic information such as codec, resolution, audio track information, and more.
Advanced search algorithm in the catalog, the ability to filter search results, the ability to simultaneously search in different windows, search for duplicate files
In the WinCatalog cataloger, both a regular search algorithm for queries and a complex search using the AND, OR operators, brackets, quotes are implemented. allows you to quickly and accurately find the items you need in the catalog. This is also facilitated by the ability to filter search results by any of the fields. In addition, using the ability to group search results by one or several criteria, you can easily find duplicate files.
Ability to manage contacts, keywords (including the use of virtual folders) and storage locations
• Manage contacts will allow you to keep track of who and when you gave the disk.
• Keyword management will allow you to associate each item with a set of keywords for easier and more accurate searches. And the creation of virtual folders and the spreading of collection elements through them using Drag’n’Drop, without losing the original disk structure, will allow you to conveniently structure the directory.
• Managing storage locations will add to the program all possible storage locations for discs, for example “box 1” or “wallet for DVD 2”, and correlate the items in the collection with the corresponding storage locations. This will make it much easier for you to find the information you need.
Ability to generate reports, as well as export to XML, html, csv-files
The function will give you the ability to create reports to send to friends, publish on the network, print or process from MS Excel.
WinCatalog will display the names of all elements correctly, no matter what language they are named in.
OS: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP.
Download WinCatalog 2020.3.0.118 (83.3 MB):